Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How I Wrote One of My Books: Italo Calvino

How I Wrote One of My Books

Italo Calvino

Trans. Paul Cohen

Search This Blog

Loading...

Literary Blogs

Journal and Press Blogs

  • Next week, art-book creators from across Canada (including this writer) and abroad will arrive in Vancouver for Artists Book Week and… Read More » The po...
    1 hour ago
  • Staff Banned Books Week continues; George Bernard Shaw's garden spade unearthed; the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association takes aim at Am...
    5 hours ago
  • A Cambridge University survey, set to launch on National Poetry Day on 2 October, aims to find out what poetry is stored in our nations collective memory...
    5 hours ago
  • THE RUSTY TOQUE - RUSTY TALK: Sara Jane Strickland interviews Alex Leslie Alex Leslie on revision: “Revision is my favourite part. I print it all out. I...
    22 hours ago
  • Shakespeare, Twain and Joyce made fart jokes. But for much of the 20th century, comics were forced to hold them in
    1 day ago
  • Established in 1889, Poet Lore celebrates 125 years of publication with this Fall/Winter Issue. Aside from the who's who among contemporary poet contributors...
    1 day ago
  • Nine of Gabriel García Márquez's works will be released in digital-format English versions in October.
    1 day ago
  • *A Conjoined Book: Aftermath & Become Tree, Become Bird* by Karla Kelsey. Omnidawn Publishing, $17.95. Reviewed by Catherine Kyle In Karla Kelsey’s *A Co...
    1 day ago
  • John Berger Here’s a review I wrote of John Berger’s early novel Corker’s Freedom 20 years ago, rescued from an old disk. The novel was first published in ...
    2 days ago
  • As part of our Winchester Poetry Festival activities to launch our National Conversation about poetry, Magma ran a pop-up poetry competition on the theme o...
    3 days ago
  • "I had my wise-cracks all lined up and ready to go when I noticed the list contained at least three poets I know and like a lot (Gillis, Yeh, Hadfield), at...
    1 week ago
  • Over our 44 year history, Descant has sometimes produced themed issues about particular places, like Boznia and Herzegovina (2012), Sicily (2011) and Cuba ...
    4 weeks ago

Prose Blogs