Search This Blog

Loading...

Literary Blogs

Journal and Press Blogs

  • TUESDAY, MAY 24 Art Bar Poetry Series: Holly Painter, Phillip Crymble, Patrick Connors. Black Swan Tavern, 154 Danforth Ave., Toronto.… Read More » The p...
    16 hours ago
  • Staff Herman Melville’s love affairs; Barnes & Noble Education partners with fourteen more colleges; poet francine j. harris on reinventing language; an...
    18 hours ago
  • Read an extract from the latest novel by Kolkata’s Bandyopadhyay, credited as ‘the woman who reintroduced hardcore sexuality to Bengali literature’ By Sa...
    19 hours ago
  • Okay, this is one of those, you know, things that come out of the blue. Tom Greene, VCFA’s president, called me from his car this morning to tell me they h...
    1 day ago
  • *VISZONTLÁTÁSRA* You are here you leave and come back you look back through before this you used only hello to say Looking over your back you a...
    2 days ago
  • After some legal wrangling, a letter from Neal Cassady to Jack Kerouac will be offered at auction.
    6 days ago
  • Stella Vinitchi Radulescu from *Journal with Closed Eyes* Translated from the French by Luke Hankins The August heat pierces me to the core. The flies t...
    1 week ago
  • I couldn’t get past the fifth page of a crime novel I’d borrowed from a friend when I read, “a tear rolled down his cheek.” I reported this to my friend wh...
    4 weeks ago
  • I mean no one is intelligent. I mean these are my thoughts. I MEAN THERE HAVE BEEN 22 PRIME MINISTERS & what I found most appalling was the work was never...
    4 weeks ago
  • Jane Bonnyman’s first pamphlet, An Ember from the Fire: Poems on the Life of Fanny Van de Grift Stevenson, is a gothic wonder of a book, an adventurous, sw...
    1 month ago
  • I already felt like I was to blame when my baby was born at 25 weeks. Then my husband's CEO called me a benefit hog
    9 months ago
  • American Life in Poetry: Column 496 BY TED KOOSER, U.S. POET LAUREATE One of Grant Wood’s earliest paintings is of a pair of old shoes, and it hangs in the ...
    1 year ago

Prose Blogs