Saturday, May 7, 2011

Search This Blog

Loading...

Literary Blogs

Journal and Press Blogs

  • Caption: "It was still the last frontier when I arrived in 1951. It was a wide-open city." Lawrence Ferlinghetti recalls his early days in San Francisco...
    1 day ago
  • BBC to adapt Eleanor Catton’s award-sweeping novel, The Luminaries. (The Bookseller) The history of Cuban science fiction and its vision… Read More » The...
    1 day ago
  • Let’s be honest: some literary magazines weigh more than others. If you get an email from Grain magazine, declaring your submission worthy of publication, ...
    4 days ago
  • *WHAT WAS THE LAND BEFORE IT WAS LANDSCAPE?* All those years, before I became lost, I lived a different life. I am like the stones people place on grav...
    6 days ago
  • My mother is Italian and Eritrean, and my father Native American. I didn’t look like one ethnic group or another... The post What Are You? | The Shape of...
    6 days ago
  • Excerpt from Lae This is part of a larger manuscript based on the purported last diary entries of Amelia Earhart. xi Susceptible to earthquakes, we are to...
    4 weeks ago
  • Submissions for the 2016 Tomaž Šalamun Prize will be accepted through July 15. Dara Wier is the final judge.
    1 month ago
  • From the award-winning author of Like Water for Chocolate comes a new tale of murder and redemption – read an extract By Laura Esquivel and Jordi Castell...
    1 month ago
  • Bones & Breath is the name of a book by the Scottish poet Alexander (‘Sandy’) Hutchison, published by Salt. It won the Saltire Award for Best Scottish Poet...
    2 months ago
  • After some legal wrangling, a letter from Neal Cassady to Jack Kerouac will be offered at auction.
    3 months ago
  • I already felt like I was to blame when my baby was born at 25 weeks. Then my husband's CEO called me a benefit hog
    1 year ago
  • American Life in Poetry: Column 496 BY TED KOOSER, U.S. POET LAUREATE One of Grant Wood’s earliest paintings is of a pair of old shoes, and it hangs in the...
    1 year ago

Prose Blogs