Search This Blog

Loading...

Literary Blogs

Journal and Press Blogs

  • On Aug. 27, Coach House Books celebrated 50 years at its annual end-of-summer Wayzgoose shindig (made memorable by touching speeches… Read More »
    2 hours ago
  • This account of a jaundiced progress around north Africa is a bleak reminder of the perils that lie within the romantic idea of travel As travellers go, ...
    2 hours ago
  • "I thought maybe I'd be a filmmaker but I wasn't any good at that either, so I just kept falling through the cracks to fiction." Claire Vaye Watkins, who...
    6 hours ago
  • Kai Bird, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author, will write a biography of former President Jimmy Carter for Crown Publishing Group.
    1 day ago
  • Burning women. It’s not a joke. Remember Miss Havisham burning to death in Great Expectations? This happened a lot in the 19th century due to the presence ...
    2 days ago
  • Sharon Thesen provides a fascinating run-down of the long poem's seemingly limitless range and abilities: *Long poems are often stories, explorations, or...
    3 days ago
  • Check out our latest Rusty Talk where Catherine Graham interviews Griffin Award-winning poet Jane Munro Catherine Graham: What were some of the highlight...
    3 days ago
  • Last month I was talking to that rare bird, the Canadian literary agent, as you do, and she said to me, “why do people think that children’s picture books ...
    6 days ago
  • *The Dead Girls Speak in Unison* by Danielle Pafunda. Coconut Books, $14. Reviewed by Brittany Capps Danielle Pafunda abolishes the stereotype of prissy, d...
    2 weeks ago
  • I already felt like I was to blame when my baby was born at 25 weeks. Then my husband's CEO called me a benefit hog
    3 weeks ago
  • A poet’s voice is a much discussed aspect of a poet’s work, but just how relevant or limiting it is being recognised by your voice provoked an interesting ...
    1 month ago
  • American Life in Poetry: Column 496 BY TED KOOSER, U.S. POET LAUREATE One of Grant Wood’s earliest paintings is of a pair of old shoes, and it hangs in the ...
    10 months ago

Prose Blogs